13. oktobris, 2020.
In view of the increase in the incidence of Covid-19, the Supreme Court is enforcing the security measures.
Reception of documents
Until October 30, the Supreme Court will not accept documents in person. The Chancery of the Court ensures the circulation of documents electronically and by post.
Documents can be submitted by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post – Brīvības bulvāris 36, Rīga, LV-1511, or submitted electronically on the unified public and municipal services portal www.latvija.lv. Documents can also be left in the mailbox in the Court lobby.
Getting acquainted with case files
Participants or their representatives may familiarize themselves with case files upon prior application at the Chancery. A person has to bring his or her own mouth and nose cover. Persons in quarantine, self-isolation or who have symptoms of a respiratory infection are not allowed to inspect the files.
Oral hearings will be held by ensuring that epidemiological requirements are met. Confirmation and contact information will be gathered from all participants in the proceedings. A person has to bring his or her own mouth and nose cover. Persons in quarantine, self-isolation or who have symptoms of respiratory infection are not allowed to attend court hearings. A distance of 2 meters between the persons has to be observed inside and outside the courtroom.
Activities for students and pupils
Days of first-year students, lectures for students and other activities for students, schoolchildren and other groups of people are cancelled until the end of the year.
Guided tours in the Supreme Court Museum
Guided tours in the museum are conducted only for individual interested parties for research purposes, by applying in advance to the Division of Communication.
Security measures set by the State Chancellery in the Cabinet of Ministers building complex (also in the premises of the Supreme Court)
- People who are self-isolating, quarantined, or have symptoms of a respiratory infection are not allowed in the building.
- Upon entering the building, both staff and visitors have to measure their body temperature. If the thermometer shows an increased temperature or the person shows symptoms of a respiratory infection, the person shall not be allowed in the building.
- Everyone entering the building have to sanitize their hands.
- A distance of 2 meters have to be observed in all premises. If several persons arrive at the same time, each visitor has to observe a distance of 2 meters until the previous visitor has left the security post.
- If persons draw up an application in the Court lobby, only one person can do it at the counter at the same time. When writing the application, a personal writing tool have to be used.
Information prepared by
Rasma Zvejniece, the Head of the Division of Communication of the Supreme Court
E-mail: email@example.com, telephone: +371 67020396, +371 28652211